Poetry, Lyrics, Words by Other Authors
- Average people are dedicated to leisure. The best people are devoted to learning.
- The ordinary wait for the energy to do a task. The exceptional do the task because that’s how they get the energy.
- A job is just a job if all you see it as is a job. (Work is a vehicle to promote Full Self Expression of Your Creativity+Ingenuity+Talent).
- The most precious asset of a businessperson isn’t time. It’s energy. Manage yours well.
- Love your family. What’s the point of getting to uber-Success yet arriving alone?
- From a participant at my recent Lead Without a Title event in Doha, Qatar: “The true measure of the greatness of a person is the length their shadow casts on the future.” Love it! Genius.
- Manners matter.
- If you’re in business, you’re in show business. And every day’s a performance.
- “Be yourself, everyone else is taken.” Oscar Wilde.
- To double your income, triple your rate of learning. The best invest in their professional and personal development.
- The primary purpose of business is the delivery of as much unusual value to as many people as possible.
- Use music to boost your motivation.
- Be ethical like Buffett. Rock the house like Bono. Innovate like Edison. Serve like Mandela.
- You dishonor yourself when you play small with your talent.
- Ideation without execution leads to delusion. What makes Google Google is not the idea behind Google but the culture of execution that is Google.
When I consider how my light is spent
Ere half my days, in this dark world and wide,
And that one talent, which is death to hide,
Lodged with me useless, though my soul more bent
To serve therewith my Maker, and present
My true account, lest He, returning, chide
My dear and precious friend and companion, Prasanna Gunaseelan, brings us these amazing and inspiring words to start our days off right!Prasanna asks us to contemplate:
- Every moment in front of another human being is an OPPORTUNITY to express your highest values and best self.
- No matter where you go, people treat you the way you treat them.
- No work is unimportant work. Even the most seemingly insignificant job is a chance to show us your creativity and make a contribution.
- “Perfect Moments” can happen in the least likely of places.
- Mastery Matters.
- If you’re not lifting others up, you’re bringing others down.
- This time is the BEST time for each of us to show our leadership+virtuosity+humanity.
- We each have the responsibility to Lead Without a Title and do our part to build a better world through world-class work and stepping into our best selves.
Robin Sharma, Author
Between Rita and my eyes there is a rifle
And whoever knows Rita kneels
To the divinity in those honey-colored eyes
And I kissed Rita
When she was young
And I remember how she approached
And how my arm covered the loveliest of braids
And I remember Rita
The way a sparrow remembers its stream